Nov 13, 2014

A Chat with Courtney

IMG_8285.JPG

IMG_8714.jpg
One of the most important things you can do as a blogger, is connect on a personal level with other bloggers. Courtney of Behind Her Monogrammed Macbook, and I text every day (not exaggerating). It's so much fun to get to know the blogger behind the blog.. And I just can't wait for y'all to learn a bit about her from this little interview:) 

Hey Courtney! Let's start this interview off with some basic "getting to know you" questions... What are five words that describe you?

I would say classy, artistic, social, outgoing, and southern. 

You said that you would use the word "southern" to describe yourself.. Which southern state are you from?

I'm born and raised in Kentucky, I've grown up watching UK basketball and football and going to Keeneland every year.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Definitely New York City. I've been three times and it feels like home every time. The Broadway shows and Fifth Avenue style, I love it all. 

Wow! So other than New York.. Where else do you like to travel?

My family has always gone to the beach, so I love Hilton Head and anywhere in South Carolina. Visiting my family in Louisiana and Mississippi is always fun too, but I really want to visit Europe one day. 

Okay so still on the topic of getting to know you.. What types of Extracurricular activities do you do?

I've been a competitive dancer for nearly a decade and I love performing and traveling with my team. Besides that, I love musical theatre with my school and other groups. 

Wow! Dance and musical theater sound lie a lot of fun.. Here's a bit of a random question: Do you have any pets?

Yes! I have two labs, one yellow and one chocolate named Cawood and Claiborne. Those names probably sound crazy, but they're the names of two famous figures in University of Kentucky sports.

They sound adorable! Yet another random question: What is your favorite type of social media?

Oh that's tough. I can't pick between INstagram and Pinterest .With Instagram I get to see pictures of some of my favorite bloggers and post my outfits with neat filters and editing, while collecting inspiration on everything from home decor to fashion to wedding on Pinterest. I love them both! 

I have to agree.. Pinterest and Instagram are definitely my favorites too. Let's talk about BHMM... How long have you been blogging?

I started in February of this year. 

What's your favorite part about blogging so far?

I love the photography aspect. Photography Is one of my biggest passions and I love shooting my outfits and editing them so they look great!

Why did you decide to start BHMM? What was your inspiration?

Well I had always been interested in fashion and always loved writing. After reading blogs like Monogram Meredith who lives in my city and the College Prepster, I got really inspired. I wanted to put something out there and be a blogger, make original content and inspire girls like myself. 

You're definitely inspiring! I love reading all of your posts..  Let's talk briefly on fashion and beauty trends you've seen so far this Fall season.. Any particular trends that have caught your attention?

Well thank ya! I love fall fashion in general, what with all the boots and sweaters and scarves currently I love vests (I have a need for the J.Crew herringbone) and elbow patches on darker sweaters. Darker lips for Fall are a trend I've really seen and liked lately along with cooler tone looks.

Oh vests have been my latest obsession too. And darker lips are absolutely perfect for Fall. Oh vests have been my latest obsession too. And darker lips are absolutely perfect for fall. Another random question for you: What are your favorite t.v. shows and movies?

As far as TV, theres a running joke among my friends that I will never love anything as much as I loved Gossip Girl, which is very true. With movies, I love Clueless, anything with Marilyn Monroe, Breakfast at Tiffany's, all kinds of musicals, and of course the movie you and I bond over, Heathers. 

Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorites.. But Heathers is obviously at the tippy top of my list. 
Being a blogger, I know it can be tough balancing out school and posting, not to mention keeping social media up to date... But somehow you manage to keep a very consistent posting schedule! How do you do it??!

On any given weekend you can find me shooting, writing, and scheduling posts. I love scheduling my posts on the weekend so I don't have to do a lot during the week and focus on school. I schedule my tweets and Instagram posts using different apps. I always try to put school first, but my blog is a great outlet for when I need a break.

You'll have to do a post later on with more on these apps and how you stay on top of things! 

I'm planing on it!

IMG_6057.JPG

SUPER special thanks to Courtney for letting me interview her:) It was a lot of fun! ALL of my readers need to check out Behind Her Monogrammed Macbook for fabulous fashion and other fun posts! Also, She interviewed me as well.. So if you're interested in learning more about me, go check it out! 

Also, be sure you're following Courtney on social media! 

post signature