Nov 12, 2016

Cathleen Tours College // Coastal Carolina University

My list of colleges to tour has grown significantly since my first college tour at Furman University. I've been receiving all those fun letters and pamphlets from various schools and they're all gathered in one (fairly large) pile on my desk. As much as I love opening up my mailbox and seeing things with my name on them, it's really difficult to narrow it down to even just a few. One school that was not on my original list was Coastal Carolina. I wasn't really interested in living 9 miles west of Myrtle Beach nor was I particularly interested in the baseball National Championship win in Omaha this past Summer. I had seen the road signs for the university as well as receiving countless emails, brochures, pamphlets, letters etc. Anyways, I decided to visit it for myself just for the heck of it.

My mom and I were the first to arrive which honestly shocked us. We're either an hour early or an hour late so it was kind of nice to get there early. We got checked in and shocked the admissions office students at how eager we were to get going. One of them asked if we had had our Starbucks fix yet, and then followed him and the sweet smell of coffee across the street.

The opening session about the tour was well done, and afterwards the 8 or so students and their parents listened for the assigned tour guides to call names. My group was made up of my junior self, a sophomore girl from Ohio, and a senior guy. The other 5 went with another tour guide. My tour guide was cool... he told us about his summer internship at SeaWorld.

My tour at Coastal only confirmed my theory that morning campus tours are absolutely the greatest down South. It's less humid, less hot, and ends right at lunchtime! The tour was nice... I especially loved the arts and humanities building! It had this beautiful courtyard where students could sing, write, practice skits, and read. It was so cool. However, despite how much I loved the courtyard, I couldn't picture myself as a student at Coastal Carolina.

Lunch was nice, we ate at the campus Chick-fil-a and visited the campus book store afterwards and picked up a t-shirt and a picture book. We went back to the admissions office for a question session where they gave us a water bottle with a survey.

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Coastal Carolina (not sure if it's for me) the tour was well given and I was pretty impressed! I had the greatest time snapping pictures around campus. My favorite parts were the ones that weren't actually on the tour! THERE WERE SO MANY TURTLES! I LOVE TURTLES! And the entire art department was amazing... The murals behind the building, the student gallery... I loved it! Lucky for y'all... I took pictures.








Since touring Coastal Carolina University in October, I've toured two other campuses that will be up on the blog soon... ALSO, I'm pretty excited because I think I've finally found the one!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen