Feb 1, 2014

Staple Saturday

Chambray Shirt


Hey Y'all,
I thought I would start a new series type of thing, where I show y'all what I feel are staple items in a closet. Today, as you can probably tell from the picture above, the staple item I am discussing is The Chambray Shirt.

The Chambray Shirt is a classic piece. You can wear it in many different outfits. You can dress them up for when you are feeling more dressy, dress it down for a casual outfit, or even dress it really down for lazy days!  They also look great with pearls, and statement necklaces. 

Here are some outfit examples:
Chambray and Bean Boots

Chambray and Bean Boots by classycathleen featuring wool blend socks
This polyvore set shows more of a casual winter look. The necklace dresses it up slightly, but the bean boots make the outfit much more casual. 
Fryes and roses

Fryes and roses by classycathleen featuring black pants

This set shows how well a chambray shirt looks with riding boots, leggings, and especially that statement necklace. I love the J.Crew rosette necklace, and it looks great with chambray. 
Chambray and a skirt

This set shows a chambray shirt with a skirt. More people pair chambray with leggings than skirts, but I feel that this looks just as nice. It also shows just how nice the chambray looks with pearls.

Thanks for reading, and make sure you pin these images to Pinterest.
XOXO,
Cathleen

2 comments :

  1. I love a good chambray shirt - over the last year it has definitely become a staple in my wardrobe! I love the way that you've styled it here :)

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, only this year the chambray shirt has become a necessity to me! Thanks so much for commenting :)
      XOXO,
      Cathleen

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen