Apr 2, 2014

Are you aware?

Hey y'all,

Today, my post is going to be about something very close to my heart. My brother has autism. Autism rates have been going up.. A lot. Now, 1 out of every 68 children are diagnosed with autism. Y'all, that's A lot. It's not something that's contagious like the flu, it's just a disability. 

You have probably seen in the news that April is Autism Awareness Month! If you ask me, it's pretty important to be aware of autism. You never know when you will encounter someone with autism and you certainly don't want to be clueless especially now when the numbers show more and more people getting diagnosed. 

The main color for autism awareness is blue. #lightitupblue Did you wear blue today? Another "symbol" is the puzzle pieces. 

Kids with autism are amazing. They understand things that "typical" people could never understand! They think about things differently. They don't judge, hate, or have hard feelings against people. They are especially sweet and loving! 

Autism is close to the hearts of my family and of Laura from York Design Co's family. We decided to support an amazing group in South Carolina, that is truly making a difference in many families lives, including my own. The group is called Family Connection. 

Y'all know how much I love York Design Co's needlepoint cuffs.. So Laura came up with a fabulous design in support of Autism Awareness! I really think that y'all should purchase her perfect cuffs... Especially this one! {To purchase.. Email Laura!}

For my #lightitupblue outfit, I wore a navy dress. Let's check out some pictures: 









Are you aware?
xx-
Cathleen

4 comments :

  1. What a great collaboration and a great cause! I wore blue today too!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit! I'm glad you posted this :) I work with kids, and some of the ones I've formed the closest relationships with are ones with autism. You're right, they are incredibly sweet and loving!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristin! I love children with autism.. Especially my brother:) Thanks so much for commenting!
    xx-
    Cathleen

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen