Jul 1, 2014

#darlingspayitforward

Hey Y'all, 
I have been reading Ashliegh's blog for a while now, and I love it! I love everything that she writes about and her style is amazing! Anyways.. Today is her 23rd birthday {Happy Birthday to you/Happy Birthday to you/Happy Birthday dear Ashliegh/Happy Birthday to you:)} and instead of getting gifts this year, she decided to put together #darlingspayitforward. Basically you share an act of kindness that someone has done for you, and then how you paid it forward. How cool is that? I LOVE this idea! My birthday is July 3rd, and honestly I wish I had come up with something as creative as this.. 

Those small acts of kindness can mean a lot. You never know what a person is going through when you do that act of kindness. You could make somebody's day, or even save their life. Acts of kindness can be as simple as saying hello, or buying some extra pizzas at the grocery store and telling the cashier to give them to the people behind you in line. They can be as big as saving someone's life or helping them find Jesus. I enjoy hearing about those small acts of kindness that turn into even bigger actions later on when people pay them forward. 

I remember one year, (my brother has autism) that our church wanted to do something very special for our family.. so they raised money and it was just enough for us to go to Disney World for a week. That act of kindness was HUGE and amazing. We didn't deserve it or ask for it or anything like that! Now, what my family does when we go to Disney World, is write "thank you" notes on the back of family pictures, and we give them out to the cast members that work there. We've all seen those "unmagical guests" at Disney. The ones that complain when a ride is long, or when another table get's there food first and other silly things like that.. Well, it's always nice to take the time and thank the people who work there. The people that smile all day long, and make Disney World fun! We come to Disney World with 2,000 or more pictures just to give out to the cast members. They're the ones that really need some love after smiling all day. Another thing that my family does is we purchase small Disney toys from Walmart, Target, ect. and we write on a little tag "Just a little bit of pixie dust.. Have a magical vacation" and while we're at the park, we look out for the people who don't have all of the Disney merchandise on, or just people who look very stressed out. We walk over to them, give them the toy/tiara/book/stuffed animal and say "Mickey told me to give this to you" and walk away. It makes me smile seeing the reactions and the impact that just that small action can have on a person. 

You don't have to have a full out plan like my family does.. You could buy a few extra chocolate bars on a separate order the next time you go to the grocery store, and tell the cashier "Here's one for you, and pass these out to people who are having a poopy day and need some chocolate". *Make sure that they keep the receipt!* You could pay for the car behind you in the drive thru.. The possibilities are ENDLESS! It just takes some time and a little thought.. So what are you waiting for? Go on darlings! Pay it forward! #darlingspayitforward
post signature

8 comments :

  1. Really love the second outfit you put together :)
    EnglishPrepster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your story, Cathleen! I love that your family does something so unique and special for the Disney cast and other Disney visitors! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4th of July is one of my top holidays as well, I'm excited to wear my RWB attire, that first outfit is super cute, I have something similar planned!

    -Alex

    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great uplifting story for this Tuesday! So important to be thankful for what we have and do good to others--- it's all about keeping a positive energy!

    -Alex

    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex,
    So glad that you enjoyed today's post:) I agree, It is important to be thankful!
    xx-
    Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about the 4th of July and this has me even more excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude! I love this! especially because we just got back from DW last month and I can totally see what you're talking about :) by the way, I just found your blog from over at the darling tay and I'm so glad I did, now I can follow along! :) HOLLA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whitney,
    Thanks so much for stopping by:) I'm thrilled that you found me through The Daily Tay!
    xx-
    Cathleen

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen