Jan 26, 2015

Cooking With Cathleen: Apple, Raisin, and Oatmeal cookies

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a series.. EVER. One of my goals for this year (not sure if I mentioned it in my "goals" post a while back), but I've always wanted to learn how to cook better. For the longest time it was just baking cookies.. Which isn't really teaching myself anything new. It kills me to do the same thing every week. I have to change things up a bit. That's just how I am! So I came up with a great idea to challenge myself to learn and try new things.. And that is #cookingwithcathleen my brand new weekly cooking/baking series!

The first recipe in #cookingwithcathleen is Apple, Raisin, and Oatmeal cookies. I made these Saturday night, and they disapeared VERY quickly! Let me know if you make these for yourself:)

RECIPE

2 large apples (doesn't matter what type)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I used dark brown)
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 cups wheat flour
2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 2/3 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of raisins

1. Preheat to 350°F. Grease 2-3 baking sheets. Finely dice the apples
2. Put the oil, brown sugar, and sugar in a mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix it all together. Then add egg, flour, baking powder, oats, raisins, and apple. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Place spoonfuls of the dough on the baking sheets. Make sure you have a bit of space in between each cookie.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm.









post signature