Jan 28, 2015

Reading List 2015

Reading list

So one of my goals for this year (Can you believe January is already coming to an end?!) is to read more. I know, I know. That's kind of like a super basic goal/resolution, so let me go on.... Basically when I was a kid I would read so much. All the Nancy Drew novels, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Boxcar Children, Inkheart, A Wrinkle in Time... I would just pick up a book and start reading! Honestly, I miss it. Y'all know I love Pinterest, and ending a long day with my phone in hand texting my favorite people, and finding inspiration is so fun and relaxing to me. But I miss laying down in bed all comfortable under my blankets with a book in hand. 

When I was younger, all I read was fiction. I mean don't get me wrong, I love fiction novels.. but that's not really who I am as a person anymore. As I get older, I learn more and more about who I am as a person. I recently discovered that I enjoy reading nonfiction novels much more than fantasy or anything like that. People interest me, so reading biographies and autobiographies are so interesting for me. But I haven't really just sat down and read in a really long time. Unless you count school assignments, because sadly that's all the reading I really have time to do now. However, I am determined to change this. I want to read more! I want to learn new things! I want to read more about other people! So this year, I am challenging myself to read as many nonfiction novels as absolutely possible. I cannot wait to see how many I finish by 2016, and how much I have learned and grown throughout the year. 

Here are a few that I am interested in now, and that I would like to read (not just nonfiction).. If you have any titles that you've read and really enjoyed.. Please let me know! Oh and P.S There are some coffee table books that I am interested in as well! 

  • I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
  • 100 Ideas that Changed Fashion by Harriet Worsley
  • 50 Dresses that Changed the World
  • I'll Drink to That by Betty Halbreich
  • The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
  • The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
  • The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster
  • From the Mixed up Files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler
  • Paper Towns
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
  • Pantone: the 20th Century in Color
  • Vogue: The covers
  • The Polaroid Book by Barbara Hitchcock
  • Yves Saint Laurent: A biography by Alice Rawsthorn
  • Culture to Catwalk by Kristin Knox
  • Camera: A History of Photography
  • Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling
  • BossyPants by Tina Fey
Again, Please let me know if there are any books you think I should read! I'll definitely check them out!


post signature