Mar 17, 2015

Tuesday Talks -- Sarah of Stylish, Sassy & Classy


Happy Tuesday! Remember the first #tuesdaytalks post with Caitlin of Your Typical Prep? Well, I'm back again with Sarah from Stylish Sassy and Classy with another interview! So if you're interested in learning more about Sarah.. Keep reading :)


C.S. Hey Sarah! I'm so excited to have you here today for another Tuesday Talks! Thanks for agreeing to do this interview

S.Z. You're so welcome Cathleen I am very excited, this is my first interview.

C.S. Ah! Well let's get right on into it then because I just cannot wait for my readers to get to know you and your blog!

Let's start off with some basic questions.. Tell me about your blog! When did you start blogging?

S.Z. My blog is a mostly focuses on style, but also life at times. I am a junior at UNCG studying consumer apparel retail studies, so fashion really is my life, and I love sharing my style tips with everyone on Stylish Sassy and Classy. As a college student I do find myself sharing some studying tricks, and other college related topics on the blog at times. I started blogging in October of 2013 so I have been blogging for around a year and a half now, and have found it very rewarding.

C.S. I, as one of your readers, love all of your style tips and studying tips as well! So why did you start Stylish Sassy and Classy?

S.Z. As I mentioned earlier I am a college student in the fashion field, so during the sophomore year I began to look at style blogs because they were a foreign idea to me, but I knew they would soon be taking over the fashion industry, which they really are making a huge impact. After a few months of following several bloggers, I decided to make my own. None of my friends or boyfriend knew about it at first, and mostly consisted of selfies taken on my phone. After a few months my boyfriend (who is an amazing photographer) found out about it, and said as nicely as possible, your pictures suck. That is when he became my main photographer for Stylish Sassy and Classy, and it has grown ever since.


C.S. Aww! That's so sweet, and your pictures really are amazing! What's been your favorite part about blogging so far?

S.Z. That is hard because there is so much I love about it, my favorite thing would probably have to be the joy it brings me. When I get a comment that someone loved my outfit, or that I inspired them to try something outside of their normal comfort zone. Every time I gain a new follower I feel so much joy, its like a warm hug, and that is my favorite part of blogging.

C.S. Sweet comments from readers are always the best! Let's talk about social media! What is your favorite social media platform?

S.Z. INSTAGRAM!! I love Instagram, it easily eats up way to much of my free time. I love the artistic ideas that people put into their pictures and feeds it is very inspiring.

C.S. Hahaha I hoped you would say that! Your Instagram is definitely one of my favorite accounts that I follow. As soon as I open the app I make sure to search your account so I don't ever miss a post! Do you feel social media is important for bloggers?

S.Z. Awe thank you Cathleen you are too kind. I think it is easily the most important way for the blogger to help grow their blog, and is crucial to help a blogger reach their full potential target audience.

C.S. I agree! So let's talk more about you.. What are some things you're interested in? What do you do in your free time?

S.Z. Blog haha. I work at Belk in the Lilly Pulitzer department, and I spend a lot of time at the race track during the summer, my boyfriend is a race car driver if you didn't know But pretty much other then work and school I spend my time blogging, planning a post, or looking at others blogs.


C.S. Ooh! I bet working in the Lilly Pulitzer department is fun! So many bright colors and prints.. What's your favorite Lilly Pulitzer print?

S.Z. Right now, between Pink Colony and the yellow First Impressions

C.S. Oh I love those! What other brands, online shops, companies ect. have you been loving lately?

S.Z. Everything J.Crew has ever made, Lilly Pulitzer obviously, Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Loft, ASOS, I honestly do a lot of my shopping at Belk because we carry so many brands.

C.S. Those are a lot of my favorites too.. Here's a bit of a more random question: What are some of your favorite quotes?

S.Z. I don't really have a "quote I live by" but here are a few that I like. "When I am afraid I put my trust in you" Psalm 56:3 "Whoever said that money doesn't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop" Blair Waldorf " I don't do fashion, I am fashion" COCO Chanel

C.S. I love all three of those quotes! Random question again: What's your favorite color or colors?

S.Z. Pink, purple, and yellow

C.S. Those are such fun and bright colors... Random again! Favorite tv shows and movies?

S.Z. I love say yes to the dress, really any wedding shows, and don't judge but I love the Kardashians. I am not a big movie person though, my attention span isn't that long haha.

C.S. Haha I love Say Yes to the Dress too:) Who are some of your favorite bloggers and style inspirations?

S.Z. Inspiration from non-bloggers: Blair Waldorf, Kate Middleton, Reese Witherspoon. Blogger inspiration: Caitlin from southern curls and pearls, Grace from a southern drawl, Emily from the sweetest thing, Rachel from Pink Peonies, Kendi from Kendi everyday, Kate from a lonestar state of southern, Megan from all things lovely, and Sarah from classy girls wear peals.

C.S. Ahh lovely inspiration.. Those are definitely some of my favorites too! One thing that I turn to for basically all inspiration is Pinterest. How do you feel about Pinterest?

S.Z. I love Pinterest, that is pretty much all I did my senior year in high school haha. Pinterest is also really great for bloggers to bring great traffic to their blogs.

C.S. Oh I totally agree! So another random question that I have is about music! What genre music do you typically find yourself listening to and who are some of your favorite artists?

S.Z. Country for sure, and I love me some Luke Bryan

C.S. Country is by far the best. And yesss Luke Bryan is perfect! What's one piece of advice you would give to someone just starting their own blog?


S.Z. Make sure you start off with structure, and really define what nitch you want your blog to fit into. Invest into a good design, and a quality camera. Most importantly have fun with it.

C.S. Great advice! And one last question for you.. Where can my readers follow you? (don't worry about the links! I'll add them in the post)

S.Z. Follow along with me: on the blog Stylish Sassy and Classy, Instagram @sarahlouisezerbe, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, and on Facebook !!

Make sure y'all are following Sarah on all social media.. and go give her blog a follow too! :)

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen