Jan 22, 2016

Question & Answer Collab with Hannah


Two posts all on one FRIYAY what what! Today I'm collaborating with one of my fellow South Carolinians who is a dear friend and amazing blogger/social media guru, and I couldn't be more excited! Y'all asked us questions, and now we're answering them... Here's your chance to learn a little bit more about me and Hannah as well - see her answers here! 


First, let's start with a quick introduction. 


My name is Cathleen Slagle and I am a sophomore in high school. I love hiking, reading, baking cookies, and photography. I live in South Carolina, and I've never met an ice cream flavor I haven't liked. That just about sums me up... but since y'all have questions... I guess I should answer those too. 

1. What is your go to/must have preppy item (clothing, accessory, etc.)? 

To be quite honest, I'm not preppy. I include preppy elements in my style but I am not nor will I ever be completely preppy. I do however love a classic button down and my LL Bean Boots are my most favorite things. I'm also a sucker for stripes. Anything stripes. 
2. What is your favorite preppy brand if you had to choose one?

Again, I'm not a prep, but I do love the messages of Jadelynn Brooke and I've been a Vineyard Vines fan for years. L.L. Bean is also at the top of my list. 

3. Have you ever missed the first day of school?!

No, but I have ditched the first week (multiple years in a row) to head to Disney World!

4. How do style sporty items with a preppy twist?

This is actually kinda hard... I mean when I wear workout clothes I'll get comments about the overall preppiness of my outfit, but I don't ever intend to dress preppy when I'm in sporty clothes. A chic ponytail is always good for pulling any look together and looks just sporty enough to count, but pretty basic and casual. I also love getting capri leggings with fun patterns like Devon Maryn or Old Navy has some fun options too!


5. What is your favorite Lilly Pulitzer print? 

I don't have on... I honestly don't own a lot of Lilly, and I'm not a huge fan of the brand - I know I know how dare I say it

6. What is your favorite trend of the moment?

Hmmmmm I honestly haven't noticed any new trends that I'm head over heels with. I'm still loving the everything hunter green trend from early Fall though! 


7. If only one half of you're phone worked, which would be?top or bottom????

Definitely the top. On my old phone the power button would always get stuck and it was so irritating! Also, the top is where the camera is and how else would I post on Instagram???

8. Do u like Harry Potter? If so what house do you think I would be in and who is your favorite character? 

I've taken multiple (yes, multiple) personality quizzes regarding this and I've repeatedly gotten Gryfindor.. but I could see myself as a Ravenclaw too. #geekcath oops

9. Where is your favorite place to shop?

Target. Hands down. But Old Navy is a close close close second.

10. What's your favorite movie from Disney?

Um all? Disney was my childhood and I still love watching the movies! I honestly cannot choose a favorite.

11. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Flying.

12. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

I'd first go to visit Notting Hill... priorities first you know how it is. But after that, I would want to visit some of the bigger but less known cities in Spain, France, England, The Netherlands, and then go on a huge tour of all the countryside in South America and hike my heart out. Oh wait, where you asking for only one answer? Oops.



13. Favorite type of pen (i know you have one haha)? 

I have three. Le Pens, Poppin pens, and Sharpie pens.

14. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Honestly, no idea. When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher. Now, I want to be something in the public relations field but I also want to do free lance photography. We'll see where life takes me I suppose.

15. Are you more like Serena or Blair? 

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Gossip Girl... Never could get into it. I wish I could look like Blair but have the boldness of Serena. I've taken personality quizzes and they all say I'm more like Jenny... so I guess neither?



16. Dogs or cats? 

Dogs no doubt. My Merry and Sparky are my world.

17. Beach or mountains?

Mountains for sure. I love hiking and there's just something about that mountain air, the stars, the breathtaking views, and staying in a log cabin.

18. East coast or west coast?

EAST COAST BABY

19. Starbucks order?

I don't like Starbucks... I usually get like those bottled milk things or a cake pop when I go with friends.


20. How tall are you? 

I'm 5 foot 4 inches -- which is pretty short.

21. Why did you start blogging?

I've written posts on this before: here & here

So here's some other random facts you should know about me:

-I have two dogs
-I hate talking on video but I do it for y'all (add me on snap: cathslagle)
-Pretzels and carrots are my favorite study food combo
-I'd choose pasta over pizza any night
-Greek yogurt is heavenly
-Vanilla chai tea is my all time favorite
-I'm guilty of crying during any movie I watch after 11 pm
-I've been to all the South Carolina State Parks at least 4 times each - there are 47 parks
-Country music is my favorite
-I have a family of 6
-My friend Courtney and I started a book club our freshman year
-When I was little (6 or 8) I had dozens of save the world and craft sale websites prior to starting this blog in the 8th grade.
-Disney Channel Original movies are my favorite
-My older brother has pretty severe autism
-My mom is an author
-Y'know how my bio says "I'm probably eating ice cream right now" ? it's pretty accurate...
-I was a library helper back in 7th grade
-I actually really hate painting my nails
-I'm always happier in a kayak or bright red canoe on the lake

Be sure to check Hannah's post too!


Instagram: @scusemysouthernprep
Twitter: @scusemysouthern

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen