Apr 24, 2015

Healthier Skin




I've never worn a whole lot of makeup. I started wearing makeup when I was in the 6th grade. That year, my makeup "routine" was basically just eyeshadow. There were these other girls with piles caked on.. and then there was me. I didn't (and still don't) wear mascara. My eyelashes are pretty long, and I never really needed it y'know? When I actually started wearing real makeup.. I was in the 8th grade. I wore Guerlain foundation mixed with the moisturizing lotion shown in the photo above. It was a little heavier so after 8th grade I slowed down on using it.. I haven't used it in MONTHS. I switched to something cheaper and more accessible. I started using the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. All I can say is.. you get what you pay for. It's not great.. but it covers what you need it to cover. I would use the liquid foundation, and top it off with some Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder and Maybelline Fit Me Matte Powder. But wait there's more. I wore a bit of blush too.. Y'all that's a lot of junk piled up on my face. Honestly, it doesn't feel that great putting all that junk on my face. So that's why I stopped. It started as a few days with no makeup.. Then a week.. Then a month.. and it's been almost two months since I have worn that much makeup. And it could have been more than that! I honestly have no idea.. I've lost count. It feels so amazing not to have all that mess on my face every day.

My main focus (aside from school work and studying) is keeping my face clean. And healthy. And clear. I wash my face twice a day.. more if I just feel oily and nasty. I moisturize before bed and after I wash in the morning. I have a daily moisturizer (by DML not featured in the image above) and a nightly moisturizer. I also use a Acne Defense Lotion by Neutrogena that has worked a few small miracles over on my face in the past month or so. 
I highly recommend this cleanser or products like it. It doesn't irritate my skin, and my dermatologist recommended it to me. 


The major thing I've been struggling with is blackheads. I have an odd shaped nose, and I've found that it's easy for blackheads to just pop up and I get other sorts of spots around my nose and under my eyes. Some day, I would LOVE for those areas to be totally clear. That's one of my major goals actually. I have an appointment scheduled with my dermatologist after school lets out for the summer so honestly I'm just counting down the days. 

*yes I am in my Eeyore robe in the photo above. Fresh out of the shower and right before a nice face washing. 

My biggest tips and what has made the biggest changes with me:

Not wearing makeup. This could seem like the end of the world to some, but others it's freeing. I FREAKING LOVE not wasting hours in the morning on my face and worrying what I look like. All-natural.

Washing. You can never wash too much. If your face feels dirty, wash it. Don't hesitate. It could be the difference in a fresh new pimple the next day and not having one! It really feels good to be clean... 

Wearing less. If you must wear makeup.. Research ways you can wear less. Or find products that won't clog your skin as much.


AND REMEMBER: Your skin is the biggest organ in your body. Protect it! Take care of it! Clean it! 


 Random: I've been really loving this ProNamel toothpaste lately.. It doesn't have to do with skin, but it's really my favorite toothpaste so I recommend that too.






post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen