Apr 28, 2015

Hey, I'm Cathleen.. Nice to Meet You!


It's been awhile since I've done any type of tag post or just shared random facts about me. So.. it's Tuesday, and why not right? I decided to (finally) do this tag that Kathleen tagged me to do... way back in February. So I may have lost track of time, but that doesn't matter right? I'm doing the post now! But I don't know.. 10 facts seems a little too short y'know? I'm gonna try and do 25 facts about myself, and maybe even 30! Buckle your seatbelts and hold on to your hats... Let's get into the post!

1) I've taken Spanish classes since I was in the second grade. It's the only foreign language that I was introduced to when I was in elementary school, and by the time I got to middle school... I didn't really want to pick up a new language. One of my life goals is to travel to Spain and Ecuador and Peru and other Spanish speaking countries and be able to speak the language fluently.

2) When I can't sleep at night, you can find me on my iPad either watching America's Funniest Home Videos, Dancing With The Stars (if I'm an episode behind), Lizzie Mcguire, Kim Possible, cheesy Hallmark movies... ect.

3) I've been close to failing science all year. It's been a huge struggle honestly. It's absolutely exhausting and all I want is Summer. But my current grade is a 90. I have no idea how, but I'm so proud and fingers crossed I don't screw it up before the year's over! 

4) I used to read all the time when I was younger. Like summer before 7th grade I read 115 books over break. Chapter books too! I haven't read that much in THE LONGEST TIME. I feel pretty bad about it, but I'll try and get back to it over break.

5) I spend way too long on my Instagram photos. WAY too long. I plan, position, edit, and everything. I'm constantly thinking about what would make the "perfect Instagram photo".

6) I love to cook. The last thing I prepared was a quinoa, lettuce, chicken, and carrot meal... and let me tell you it was amazing. SO SO GOOD

7) There are four children in my family. I am the second oldest, and I have the absolute best siblings ever. A Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) and Elvis obsessed creative younger brother, and a beautiful, compassionate, writer of a younger sister. They are seriously, THE BEST. Also- they help me with blog photos every now and then so.. yeah. They're amazing!

8) My parents think I'm a little crazy for randomly stopping in the middle of Walmart to snap pics of the oranges and lemons or the pineapples or running through the garden center snapping pictures of just everything. Also at dinner, sometimes they think I'm a little weird for snapping pictures, or every time we get ice cream... or buying so much stationery. But you know what? They put up with me and all my weird obsessions.. And that's pretty cool! So shoutout to the coolest parents out there!


9) I've always loved taking pictures. Lately, photography has turned into a grade for me. Like it's a class that I'm taking that I have to pass this semester. But it's still a love of mine. My favorite kind of photography is fine details like in fashion and flowers, but I also love architecture, landscapes, and small town backgrounds.

10) Four Five Seconds has been stuck in my head since the song came out. I love it. 

11) I've always loved crime shows and podcasts. I don't know why. I just do! Like Criminal Minds, CSI, The Mind of A Murderer Podcast, Criminal Podcast, and Serial Podcast. But I'm not a scary person.. I just find them interesting.

12) I enjoy running on the treadmill, working out, and hiking with my family.
I will cry when Spring is over because I've been loving taking all these pictures of flowers this season.

13) My Dad makes homemade pizza and it is the bomb.

14) I don't straighten or curl my hair.

15) I started my blog when I was in the 8th grade. I'm currently in 9th grade.
I've always loved to write. If you give me a notebook, I'll fill it up. With lists, ideas, names, doodles, essays, facts, everything. I just love to write.

16) I really love talking. Some people at school would tell you that I'm quiet, shy, introverted... but my closest friends know how ridiculous I can be. I will talk your ear off for God only knows how long.

17) I have three dogs: Merry, Minnie, and Sparky. Minnie and Merry are twin Australian Shepherds.

18) I also own three frogs. Jack, Roger, and Thomas is my brother's frog.

19) My older brother has autism. And I bet you couldn't tell that from the voice behind my blog. Most people wouldn't guess that about me.. but it's true! Oh and it's autism awareness month!

20) I'm a huge fan of sites like Groupon and Amazon. I love being able to find things for cheaper.. I'm a sucker for a good sale!


21)  In middle school, I was in honors chorus. I was voted Honors chorus student of the year by my chorus friends... Since then I have quit chorus and I save the singing for behind closed doors and headphones.

21) I rarely ever have paint on my nails. I always end up scratching it off, and I'm not a big fan of the smell of it.

22) I have yet to meet a social media follower or blog reader in real life... but honestly, I dream about things like that so if you see me in public (and you don't go to my school or live in my town) say hey! We'll take a photo together! I would literally love that so much...

23) I really want to travel the world... or at least the states, after college. I love going on adventures and exploring. It's just the kinda girl I am, and I would just die to go see fun things all around the world and photograph my journey.

24) Old Navy is my favorite store.. Honestly I could spend hours in there. Also, Target. I love Target so much


25) I love learning. I'm always listening to a podcast or googling new things or reading fun articles. I absolutely love knowledge and knowing things.

26) I've been to Disney World at least 7 times.

27) I'm a Southern girl so I love grits, sweet tea, Mexican food on Sundays, and football games. But I also am pretty proud of myself because I watched almost all of March Madness this year. I kept up with all the games, and I loved it.

28) I would love to say that everyday I dress up all cute and look absolutely perfect every day.. but I don't. Like never actually. I wore a dress on Monday, but my hair was awful. And today? My White Plum tunic and leggings. But I don't know I just looked awkward... But most days, I'm that girl in leggings, sandals, and a majorly oversized sweatshirt. Oh and that messy bun.. How could I forget the messy bun?!

Well that was fun! I hope y'all learned some about me that you didn't know before, and that you enjoyed this post! I tag: Jamie & Maria & Katie & anyone else who wants to share some fun facts about them!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen