May 4, 2015

Cooking With Cathleen: Cobb Salad


I've been pretty focused lately on staying healthy. Y'know just the basics, watching what I eat, working out 3-4 times a week... Things like that. Now don't get worried about me. I am in high school and sometimes when people see highschoolers talking about "watching what they eat" and concentrating on working out, they flip and get concerned for health. But let me just tell y'all, I do not have any issues with eating disorders or anything like that. My friends will tell ya actually about what my lunches are daily: carrots, sandwich or light pasta and tomato, cheese stick, clementine or apple, and on occasion a frozen yogurt or a piece of chocolate. Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about salads! 

I love eating healthy. For a while now I had wanted to make my own Cobb salad. My dad was more than happy to pick up some ingredients and assist me in chopping and mixing. It's actually pretty easy to prepare, you just need to set aside an hour just to be sure.. It shouldn't take that long, but you need time to hard boil eggs, and chop up everything. 

Ingredients:
1 avocado 
5 hard boiled eggs (see recipe on how to hard boil here)
1 container of blue cheese
3 large tomatoes
Shredded carrots
Ham
Chicken
One head of lettuce

And I think that's everything! Other than dressing, which we used greek vinaigrette. 

So basically we chopped up the avocado, boiled egg, ham, chicken, and head of lettuce into super small pieces. And that's a Cobb Salad! 

If you decide to make one for yourself, snap a photo of it and tag me in it! 

Instagram: @classycathleen_

Side Story: So if you have added me on snapchat, then you saw the picture of two laptops on my story last night. Let me explain... So, we had family visiting this weekend and it's always a little stressful to have family visiting and keeping the house together and balancing time ect. ect. ect. Also I had had a major unit test in APHG on Friday and I was just majorly stressed Friday night. Apparently, I kick things in my sleep when I'm stressed? I DON'T KNOW but I kicked my laptop off of the table and it landed on the charger cord which was plugged in and snapped off inside of the machine. So I thought it was totally broken. It wouldn't turn on or anything! So, later that evening my grandmother took me out to get a new laptop. I walked out with a Toshiba Satellite with 1 Terabyte of data (God Bless!) and a better processor. That night I plugged the charging cord from the new into the old and to my surprise the machine turned on, and I had two laptops. I immediately began transferring files over to the new laptop! We're going to use the old one next school year because my siblings are doing online school. So that's part of the reason I was quiet across social this weekend except for Instagram and Snapchat! Stress and computer problems hahaha. Hope y'all had a good weekend:)

P.S. Happy Star Wars day! May the fourth be with you all

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know with a comment!
xx-
Cathleen