Dec 25, 2014

Christmas With The Slagles


Merry Christmas everyone! Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, Merry Thursday! Christmas is my very favorite holiday.. I mean it's Jesus' birthday. If that's not reason to celebrate,, I don't know what is! Every family has different ways that they celebrate, and I would love to share a look into my family's traditions and such :) So put some Christmas music on, and continue reading! 

Let's start with Christmas Eve. We stayed in our pajamas basically until like 2 pm. We went to the 3 pm service at my church. All morning I worked on part of my siblings' Christmas presents. My parents are very eclectic when it comes to music, so I put a whole bunch of random songs on a playlist, and put it on my sibling's iDevices. There's like 400 + songs.. So hopefully they'll like it, or think it's funny or something. So in between downloading CD's, I made cookies! 
(In front) Oatmeal with chunks of apple and raisins (In back) Snickerdoodles

After making cookies (and eating way too many snickerdoodles), the lasagne was ready! We have this thing in my family where we always eat Italian food on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. After lasagne, I got ready for church. We went to the kids service, and it was absolutely adorable. The soloists were so cute, and they did an amazing job. After church we drove around to downtown Columbia.
The Christmas tree at the state house


When we got back home, we turned on Prep and Landing and ate some white beans with chips. Then we went to bed pretty early, and my parents stayed down and wrapped presents! 

On Christmas, we wake up early-ish. Like 8:30 - 9 am. We eat breakfast and read the Bible before opening anything. Well, usually. Today was a little different because we skipped breakfast to get to the presents. We still started with the Christmas story though. 

After we read the story, we went downstairs and all sat in the living room. My mom passed out presents, and it was perfect. I got my L.L.Bean boots a few weeks early, so I had less to open, but I'm perfectly fine with that. I got some necklaces and bracelets, and chocolate covered pretzels so it's all good haha. Oh and a basketball goal (finally)! 

So as for the rest of the day, I will be calling family members (including my twin ily Carrie) and grandparents and everyone and also watching Christmas movies.. oh and setting up that basketball goal. 



Well, that brings #countdown2blogmas to an end. Thanks to Marissa for having this incredible idea, and for making me a part of it. If you're in the mood for a little reading... Check out all the posts in the blogmas collab!

day 2// Reindeer Cookies // Kate
day 3// Peppermint Crunch Cookies // Jamie
day 4// Holiday Diys // Me
day 5// Annisett Cookies // Alex
day 6// Favorite Christmas Movies // Carrie
day 7// Stress Management // Marissa
day 9// Holiday Party inspo // Me
day 11// Holiday dates on a budget // Alex
day 12// Midterms/finals tips // Carrie
day 15// New Years Outfit Ideas // Jamie
day 17// Holiday Sparkle // Alex
day 18// Christmas Eve Outfit // Carrie
day 19// Gift guide // Marissa
day 21// DIY gift // Me
day 22// Chocolate Pretzel bites // Jamie
day 24// Christmas Eve Gifts // Carrie

This post is a part of the #countdown2blogmas collab. Do me a favor and follow the other bloggers in this collab!



post signature